7.06.2019

Progress note ep 1

11/3/2019.

I started my journey as a house officer. Aku rasa for the whole 2 weeks tagging period in Geriatric ward was the toughest moment in my life. Aku seorang saja 1st poster, dan the only senior yang aku tagging dekat situ berubah setiap hari. Kenapa? sebab dia ada masalah kesihatan, sebab lain aku tak tahu. (But i dont want to blame my friend, i believe everything happen for a reason) Everyday senior lain datang untuk cover ward tu, dan tak semua akan bagitau aku apa yang aku perlu tau.
  I met MO. Dr. N. She's the only MO dekat ward tu. Dia kalau tak tengking, itu bukan dia. Bayangkan on my 2nd day aku dah kena tengking dengan dia sebab lambat guna EMR.

 *EMR : this electronic medical record was really really challenging. you have to type fast, click fast scroll fast. For the past few months,  i get scolded many times because of my poor typing. ( hello, when i was a kid, i was taught how to write on a paper, to use a pencil, not working on a computer.)

The other thing, when it came to presenting a case during round, i didnt even know what to say, Aku rasa aku memang stupid pun sebab tak biasa present case, but after few months, i was realized yang geriatric clerking was quite different from other medical case.( Ok we didnt have geriatric case during medical school, we never clerk this kind of thing) Luckily my friends hand over me the Geriatric sheet paper because she was working in geri ward, she was told by her MO's and her Spec how to clerk, and what's the most important thing that doctors should know when it comes to geriatric patient. It is FUNCTIONAL STATUS! 

I cried a lot, almost everyday during my tagging period. Hampir sikit lagi aku nak minta refer to PSY.  Tapi aku tak sangka yang aku survived, dan selepas 2 minggu, jadual semua bertukar. Waktu tu aku rasa bersyukur sangat sangat sangat aku tak perlu hadap Dr. N lagi.

No comments: